You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Learn about all the features, apps, and settings of your iPhone

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Vaccine QR code no longer showing Health app prompt

Previously, I was able to add my vaccine QR code to the Health and Wallet apps when scanning in the Camera app, as the support article says should happen. Since I received my booster, I deleted my Wallet card and the immunization record in the Health app so that it could be replaced with the new QR code with all my doses.

However, now with my new QR code (booster), when I scan it in the Camera app (iOS 15.4.1), my iPhone no longer shows me the Health app prompt/notification; it incorrectly recognizes the QR code as "Website QR Code: Open 'health.apple.com' in Safari." Since this issue is occurring even with my old static QR code (when I tried rescanning it today), I wonder if it's an iOS 15.4.1 bug/issue that's preventing the QR codes from being recognized as immunization records. I've checked out the support article below, restarted my iPhone multiple times, and ensured the QR code verifies properly in the SMART Health Card Verifier app, but this error still persists.

Add verifiable COVID-19 vaccination information to Apple Wallet and Health - Apple Support

iPhone 8, iOS 15

Posted on May 7, 2022 5:32 PM

2 replies

May 8, 2022 2:10 PM in response to AT18

Hello AT18,

Just to clarify, have you been able to try tapping on the pop-up that comes up after it scans the QR code? If not then go ahead and try that out, as it may be a re-direct back to the app.

If you still continue to have issues, we'd suggest reaching out to Apple Support's Advisors that specialize in the Health app for additional guidance. This link can help start a support request: Apple Support

Cheers.

Vaccine QR code no longer showing Health app prompt

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.