Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

settings of legacy set-up and how to cancel subscriptions for an ap

1. I am trying to set up legacy information in my iphone settings, I have my wife as my only family member under my family share plan settings and so she shows up for the legacy settings. Thats fine, and I want her to have the information, but what if I want to include other family members for access to my information on the phone in the event that my wife were to pass with me at the same time? How can I set up other family members for the legacy information who I no longer use family sharing for my aps with? It seems to force me to either choose my wife or someone else but not both or list an order of preference to have access to the legacy program for information access
  2. Also, on my phone for cancelling subscriptions, there are 2 listed that were purchases as annual renewal that are good through Sept. 2022 that I no longer use, but I have unchecked the auto-renew buttons that covers all subscriptions. I can't find a way to cancel these 2 subscriptions, Is there any other way. I realize that if I cancel the subscription, I will still have access to the subscriptions since they are paid for through Sept 2022. I just want to be sure they are not renewed since I really do not use them.

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on May 8, 2022 8:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2022 8:04 AM

1. Legacy Contacts have nothing to do with Family Sharing. not sure how you are adding Legacy Contacts exactly, but if you go to Settings->Account (top of settings)->Password & Security->Legacy Contact, it should present you with any and all contacts in your Contacts App for you to select one.
  2. If you go to Settings->Account(top of settings)->Subscriptions, and select a subscription there, and no cancel button appears at the bottom, then they have already been cancelled and will not renew. It should confirm this by having the word "Expires" next to the date of renewal. If so, then there's nothing more that needs to be done. They will end on that date and not renew.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 9, 2022 8:04 AM in response to dbf28139

1. Legacy Contacts have nothing to do with Family Sharing. not sure how you are adding Legacy Contacts exactly, but if you go to Settings->Account (top of settings)->Password & Security->Legacy Contact, it should present you with any and all contacts in your Contacts App for you to select one.
  2. If you go to Settings->Account(top of settings)->Subscriptions, and select a subscription there, and no cancel button appears at the bottom, then they have already been cancelled and will not renew. It should confirm this by having the word "Expires" next to the date of renewal. If so, then there's nothing more that needs to be done. They will end on that date and not renew.

settings of legacy set-up and how to cancel subscriptions for an ap

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.