Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there typically a warp on the top right of the 14" MBP M1x screen?

Since I've bought my 2021 Macbook Pro M1x, I've noticed that in reflections the upper right of the display warps the light. There is also a bit of backlighting that escapes through two spots in the far top of the right side of the screen. After paying closer attention to this, I notice that when closed there is a larger gap on the right hand side.

The Macbook has not been dropped or sustained any injury, and I've seen this since it was brand new I just figured it was typical of the design. The noticing the backlight bleed and case deformation however seems to be unacceptable.

Thanks for any input!

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 12.3

Posted on May 10, 2022 8:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 10, 2022 9:35 PM

JamesHDenver wrote:

I just figured it was typical of the design. The noticing the backlight bleed and case deformation

This is no kind of typical I ever heard of...

Check your coverage

My Support - Official Apple Support

In or out of warranty you can get a free over the counter 'Apple Service Diagnostics' test /assessment

Make an appointment for a "hardware issue"

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Outside the USA

https://locate.apple.com/country

Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 10, 2022 9:35 PM in response to JamesHDenver

JamesHDenver wrote:

I just figured it was typical of the design. The noticing the backlight bleed and case deformation

This is no kind of typical I ever heard of...

Check your coverage

My Support - Official Apple Support

In or out of warranty you can get a free over the counter 'Apple Service Diagnostics' test /assessment

Make an appointment for a "hardware issue"

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Outside the USA

https://locate.apple.com/country

Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support

Is there typically a warp on the top right of the 14" MBP M1x screen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.