Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have just bought a new iPhone 11 and I'm trying to transfer my information from an iPhone 6S. I have forgotten my Apple ID Password and when I try to change it it asks me to enter a 28 digit recovery code. How do I get the Recovery Code (28 digits)

How do I get the 28 digit recovery code

iPhone 6s, iOS 15

Posted on May 11, 2022 3:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 11, 2022 8:27 AM

You have to remember the Recovery Key that you generated. If you can't remember the key, you are permanently locked out of your ID unless you can generate a new one using the steps in the article below. Since you have a Recovery Key, you can't use Account Recovery.

2 Factor Authentication - How to generate a recovery key.  *

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 11, 2022 8:27 AM in response to Peter0F

You have to remember the Recovery Key that you generated. If you can't remember the key, you are permanently locked out of your ID unless you can generate a new one using the steps in the article below. Since you have a Recovery Key, you can't use Account Recovery.

2 Factor Authentication - How to generate a recovery key.  *

May 11, 2022 5:06 AM in response to Peter0F

See the following Apple articles:

Set up an account recovery contact

Set up an account recovery contact - Apple Support

How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password

How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Help a friend or family member as their account recovery contact

Help a friend or family member as their account recovery contact - Apple Support (IN)

FYI: Write down your recovery key and keep it in a safe place.

I have just bought a new iPhone 11 and I'm trying to transfer my information from an iPhone 6S. I have forgotten my Apple ID Password and when I try to change it it asks me to enter a 28 digit recovery code. How do I get the Recovery Code (28 digits)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.