Forgot apple password and also recovery code

My wife has an ipad and she has forgotten her apple ID password and it is asking for a 28 character recovery code which she does not have,is there any way to unlock it as I want to move her to a new ipad.?

iPad Air 2

Posted on Apr 13, 2023 1:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2023 2:05 PM

See -> Two-step verification for Apple ID

Two-step verification for Apple ID – Apple Support (UK)

⤵️

Where should I keep my Recovery Key?

Keep your Recovery Key in a secure place in your home, office or other location. Consider printing more than one copy, so that you can keep your key in more than one place. Your key is easier to find if you ever need it, and you have a spare copy if one is ever lost or destroyed. You shouldn't store your Recovery Key on your device or computer, because that could give an unauthorised user instant access to your key. 

If you ever need a new Recovery Key, find out how to create a new Recovery Key

What if I lose my Recovery Key?

You can sign in to your Apple ID account page and create a new Recovery Key using your Apple ID password and one of your trusted devices.

1. Go to appleid.apple.com/uk.
  2. Sign in with your password and trusted device.
  3. In the Sign-In and Security section, click Recovery Key > Change Recovery Key.

Keep your new Recovery Key in a safe place. Your old Recovery Key won't work any more and you can't use it to reset your password or access your account. If you can't see Recovery Key in the Sign-In and Security section, then you are not using two-step verification. 

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 13, 2023 2:05 PM in response to tekdek

See -> Two-step verification for Apple ID

Two-step verification for Apple ID – Apple Support (UK)

⤵️

Where should I keep my Recovery Key?

Keep your Recovery Key in a secure place in your home, office or other location. Consider printing more than one copy, so that you can keep your key in more than one place. Your key is easier to find if you ever need it, and you have a spare copy if one is ever lost or destroyed. You shouldn't store your Recovery Key on your device or computer, because that could give an unauthorised user instant access to your key. 

If you ever need a new Recovery Key, find out how to create a new Recovery Key

What if I lose my Recovery Key?

You can sign in to your Apple ID account page and create a new Recovery Key using your Apple ID password and one of your trusted devices.

1. Go to appleid.apple.com/uk.
  2. Sign in with your password and trusted device.
  3. In the Sign-In and Security section, click Recovery Key > Change Recovery Key.

Keep your new Recovery Key in a safe place. Your old Recovery Key won't work any more and you can't use it to reset your password or access your account. If you can't see Recovery Key in the Sign-In and Security section, then you are not using two-step verification. 

Apr 14, 2023 6:16 AM in response to tekdek

If she stil have / know that Apple ID, check her Apple ID via her email box, see this Apple article: If you forgot your Apple ID

If you forgot your Apple ID email address or phone number - Apple Support                  

OR see -> Having trouble signing in?

https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid

See the following Apple articles:

If you can't connect or sign in to iCloud

If you can't connect or sign in to iCloud - Apple Support

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support

You can aslo help her, see -> Help a friend or family member as their account recovery contact

Help a friend or family member as their account recovery contact - Apple Support (IN)

Forgot apple password and also recovery code

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.