Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I move documents to Icloud will they still be available on my MAC if I have no wifi?

If I move documents to Icloud will they still be available on my MAC if I have no wifi? I want to use iCloud+ as my complete backup - what is the best way to do that.

Posted on May 13, 2022 6:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 13, 2022 8:05 AM

Yes. iCloud is a synchronization service, not offline storage. Any documents you sync remain on your device. If you elect to optimize Mac storage your oldest/largest files may offload only to the cloud to save space on your Mac. This is an optional setting.

To backup your Mac, you'll want an external hard drive and to set up Time Machine (or equivalent).

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 13, 2022 8:05 AM in response to MACuriousX

Yes. iCloud is a synchronization service, not offline storage. Any documents you sync remain on your device. If you elect to optimize Mac storage your oldest/largest files may offload only to the cloud to save space on your Mac. This is an optional setting.

To backup your Mac, you'll want an external hard drive and to set up Time Machine (or equivalent).

If I move documents to Icloud will they still be available on my MAC if I have no wifi?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.