Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Counting down circle

i have iPhone 7 Plus. When I slide up from bottom I see a bunch of quick options. Among them I now see a circle within a circle. When I click in it, it starts to count down. What is it? I didn’t finish letting it count down in case it’s to call 911 ???

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 15

Posted on May 13, 2022 7:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 14, 2022 10:28 AM

Hi SheltieHenryMom,

We are more than happy to help you out today with your iPhone. What you are seeing is the option for Screen Recording. You can record most images and sounds on your device, and it will save to Photos as a video.

To learn more about Screen Recording, see Record the screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

This should help explain how you can use this feature. If you have further questions, please let us know.

Have a great day!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 14, 2022 10:28 AM in response to SheltieHenryMom

Hi SheltieHenryMom,

We are more than happy to help you out today with your iPhone. What you are seeing is the option for Screen Recording. You can record most images and sounds on your device, and it will save to Photos as a video.

To learn more about Screen Recording, see Record the screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

This should help explain how you can use this feature. If you have further questions, please let us know.

Have a great day!

Counting down circle

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.