Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keep getting Mac App Store Update notifications for an App I had refunded (no longer have)

I bought a paid App via the Mac App Store that didn't function as promised. I contacted Apple and requested a refund, which they granted, and the app is no longer on my MacBook.

Two days ago, the Update logo showed up next to the Mac App Store legend under the Apple logo, which is odd, since I have that set for automatic updates. Sure enough, it was for the App I had refunded & no longer have.

I don't see a way to remove the App via that icon in the Update tab; further, it's not in my list of purchases (because it has been refunded).

Has anyone encountered this before, or can anyone point me to a help article? I've searched but the results have not been relevant.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.12

Posted on May 13, 2022 7:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 14, 2022 8:25 AM

Hi coreworksnet,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! Are you able to see if the app is listed in the Applications folder, or by searching Spotlight to find the app? The following article can help find and delete the app if needed:

How to uninstall apps on your Mac

Hope this helps!

Have a great day.

2 replies

Keep getting Mac App Store Update notifications for an App I had refunded (no longer have)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.