Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCP Keyframes sometimes work sometimes don't.

I'm simply trying to do a zoom on a video clip using keyframes. I did it on several without incident but for some reason one is not working. I set a keyframe at the beginning. I go to the end and set another keyframe. Then I zoom in to where I want it to go there at the end - this included a slight centering. Then when I play it back there is no change it only stays in that position I had at the end. I did this exact same thing with 2 other clips and they work fine. What am I missing? Could there be some weird lock on this particualr clip?

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on May 15, 2022 10:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 15, 2022 11:09 AM

You do not set the second keyframe. You set the first keyframe with the clip positioned as you want. You move to the next point in time where you want the next event, the end of your zoom oe whatever. You reposition and scale your clip. As soon as you make a change the second keyframe is automatically added. Clicking on the keyframe now will remove it.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 15, 2022 11:09 AM in response to SoaringOverTexas

You do not set the second keyframe. You set the first keyframe with the clip positioned as you want. You move to the next point in time where you want the next event, the end of your zoom oe whatever. You reposition and scale your clip. As soon as you make a change the second keyframe is automatically added. Clicking on the keyframe now will remove it.

FCP Keyframes sometimes work sometimes don't.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.