Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV remote

I’ve lost my Apple TV remote and my Apple TV isn’t connected to the Wi-Fi, and I can’t log my phone as a remote because Apple TV isn’t connected, is there a way to log my Apple TV into the Wi-Fi without the remote or will I have to buy a new remote?

Posted on May 15, 2022 11:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 15, 2022 12:09 PM

What is your model Apple TV? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

Set up the Apple TV Remote on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

The Apple TV (4th generation or later) should be straight-forward to pair with, as described, if both devices are already on the same home network. Else you will need an additional functional remote to help set it up.

The Apple TV (3rd generation) needs a functional remote to set up the Apple TV Remote widget in Control Center.

For the Apple TV (3rd generation), your options are:

The Apple TV (2nd generation) is not compatible with the Apple TV Remote widget in Control Center.

For the Apple TV (2nd generation), your option is:

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 15, 2022 12:09 PM in response to yuli98

What is your model Apple TV? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

Set up the Apple TV Remote on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

The Apple TV (4th generation or later) should be straight-forward to pair with, as described, if both devices are already on the same home network. Else you will need an additional functional remote to help set it up.

The Apple TV (3rd generation) needs a functional remote to set up the Apple TV Remote widget in Control Center.

For the Apple TV (3rd generation), your options are:

The Apple TV (2nd generation) is not compatible with the Apple TV Remote widget in Control Center.

For the Apple TV (2nd generation), your option is:

Apple TV remote

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.