Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth on Macbook 14 interrupts connection with Iphone

I bought a new Macbook 14 (Monterey 12.3.1) and got stuck trying to connect my iPhone 13, its showing "connected" for 2 seconds and after it drops. Also, when I try to connect Macbook from the iPhone, the error "Macbook is not supported" is displayed. Please help to understand whether this is a hardware problem or software. Airpods, by the way, connect without problems to Macbook. Also I know that it is not IPhone issue.

Posted on May 16, 2022 8:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2022 10:26 AM

I am surprised by that. I do use universal clipboard now and then, and I never even tried to pair my iPhone with my mac.

I just did it now, to make sure I was not misremembering. It worked fine.

And there is no iPhone in my list of Bluetooth devices, only one keyboard (disconnected at the moment) that I used a long time ago (one of the first Apple BT keyboards that uses 2 AA batteries)

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 16, 2022 10:26 AM in response to pavlo291

I am surprised by that. I do use universal clipboard now and then, and I never even tried to pair my iPhone with my mac.

I just did it now, to make sure I was not misremembering. It worked fine.

And there is no iPhone in my list of Bluetooth devices, only one keyboard (disconnected at the moment) that I used a long time ago (one of the first Apple BT keyboards that uses 2 AA batteries)

May 16, 2022 9:47 AM in response to pavlo291

So you want to use the "Continuity" features, like "Handoff".

("Universal Control" lets you use your mac keyboard and trackpad to also control an iPad just by moving the cursor off to the side of your mac screen, and back)

Check that:

1) Both the mac and iPhone are on the same Wifi network and have Bluetooth turned on

2) Both are logged in to the same Apple ID

3) In your mac, at the bottom of System Preferences->General, the box that says "Allow Handoff between this mac and your iOS devices" is CHECKED.

May 16, 2022 10:00 AM in response to pavlo291

Sorry for my poor reading skills - you did type "Universal Clipboard" but I internalized "Universal Control". My bad.

Also on the iPhone, in Settings->General->AirPlay & Handoff, do you have Handoff activated?

If all is correctly set, but still does not work, I would try the steps outlined in this page:

https://www.igeeksblog.com/universal-clipboard-not-working-between-mac-and-iphone/

Bluetooth on Macbook 14 interrupts connection with Iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.