Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Date and time in my Mac goes wrong in automatic mode.

even with a stable network connection as i set date and time to automatic, it goes to a wrong time and date and i cannot use any browser anymore

what should i do?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.4

Posted on May 20, 2022 12:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2022 3:39 AM

I raised an apple support case for this. We repeated the steps and they grabbed the logs. After the case was escalated they instructed me to run this command from the terminal. sudo mv /var/db/timed/com.apple.timed.plist ~/Destop ; sudo reboot

Now when I set the date and time automatically from the system preferences it sets the correct date and time as expected. Hopefully this simple trick might help others.

14 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 23, 2022 3:39 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

I raised an apple support case for this. We repeated the steps and they grabbed the logs. After the case was escalated they instructed me to run this command from the terminal. sudo mv /var/db/timed/com.apple.timed.plist ~/Destop ; sudo reboot

Now when I set the date and time automatically from the system preferences it sets the correct date and time as expected. Hopefully this simple trick might help others.

Jun 16, 2022 11:51 PM in response to nao_berso

I have an MacBookAir Monterey 12.4 and the same problem. My date goes backwards 143 days (June>Jan) when using the automatic date/time setting with time.apple.com in settings. I now have an applescript setup to run sntp manually, the debug option seems to be required for this to work reliably.

on run {input, parameters}

do shell script "sudo sntp -sSd time.apple.com" with administrator privileges 

return input

end run

Jun 17, 2022 4:33 AM in response to francisreed

Thank you.

There are still remnants of avg as per the report.

At this point, I think it is worth testing with a different ntp server to see if that makes any difference.

There are many around the world. From the time of your Etrecheck report, I take it that you are you in Western Europe - is that right? Perhaps in the UK? I am in the same timezone (Portugal).

Date and time in my Mac goes wrong in automatic mode.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.