Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Voice Isolation in 10.6.3 Not Showing Up

Hi, I am using the latest MacBook Pro 2022 with Final Cut Pro X 10.6.3

I can't see the the Voice Isolation feature on my system. Is anybody else having the same issue? I can only see the "Remove Background Noise".

Pro user here for broadcast, happy to troubleshoot... but no solution or information so far!

Ben

Posted on May 21, 2022 1:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2022 1:14 PM

When you're in dual mono you have to have the channel selected to get voice isolation. They're separate not like stereo.

19 replies

Jun 3, 2022 12:59 PM in response to benLA

I have a situation in FCP 10.6.3 / Monterey 12.4 where I've been trying to fix some poorly captured audio from bad mic placement, but was also unable to find the Voice Isolation under Audio Enhancements in the Inspector window. I recently upgraded both FCP and my OS, so I decided to try someone's advice to 1.) remove old FCP Preference files (I had three), and then 2.) re-install FCP. After trying that twice, I was still not seeing anything under Audio Enhancements (and, yes, I know to expand the menu by clicking on 'Show').

Working with Dual Mono audio, I could get NOTHING to show but Audio Analysis, Pan, and Mode. Here is a shot of it:

When I switched over to Stereo:

Voice Isolation and EQ showed up and the VI worked quite well. I still have not seen Loudness, Noise Removal or Hum Removal, so not sure what I'm doing wrong there. I'm sure it's likely Operator Error or something simple.

Hope this might help!

May 21, 2022 7:16 AM in response to benLA

It's in the release notes for 10.6.2, when the feature was introduced.

Final Cut Pro 10.6.2

Released April 12, 2022

• Quickly locate media that appears more than once in a project using highlighted clip ranges or the Timeline Index.
  • Improve the clarity of speech by adjusting the level of background noise using machine learning (Requires macOS Monterey 12.3 or later).

Voice Isolation in 10.6.3 Not Showing Up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.