Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud sync deleted all voice memos from phone!

Unbelievable! I had about 20 important voice memos on my iphone, when I recently opened the voice memo app it asked me if I wanted to sync with iCloud, I said yes, and instantly all my memos disappeared.

I am gutted, since many of those memos were very important to me. I don't understand why Apple thinks this is a good feature, why on earth would it permanently delete files from my phone without a warning? Also, why do I not see the deleted memos in the recently deleted folder? They just vanished. Terrible software.

If anyone has any suggestion, please let me know. I've searched everything on my device, as well as backups and the files are not there. Is there anything I can do at this point to recover permanently deleted voice memos? Are there any IOS recovery software tools that actually work? None of the ones I've tried can find anything deleted, only files that are on my phone currently, which is useless. Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on May 22, 2022 3:44 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

May 23, 2022 11:41 AM in response to CT_Baggington

Hey CT_Baggington,

We hate to hear your concern about missing voice memos.

The backup only includes information and settings stored on your device. It doesn’t include information already stored in iCloud. Did you have Voice Memos for iCloud set up at one point? This may explain why they didn't restore with the backup. You can see if you can find them by signing in to iCloud.com.

Also, make sure that voice memos weren't syncing to any third-party account that may have been removed. You can check for any missing accounts on your iPhone by going to Settings > Passwords & Accounts: Add an email account to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support.

You can also read some more information about this under "About your Messages and Voice Memos data" here: About missing information after you restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iCloud Backup - Apple Support.

Cheers.

iCloud sync deleted all voice memos from phone!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.