Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text message to turn off phone

Hi, I received a text message form an unknown this morning, see attached pic. What is it about and is it from Apple?

iPhone 11

Posted on May 23, 2022 6:29 AM

4 replies

May 23, 2022 6:48 AM in response to Wendwaswoo

If it was an authentic message there would be an official signing by the Company. Apple is proud to provide solutions but not that cheap as not to push the message to your phone or even prompt you in the settings homepage.

The unknown is your biggest clue ignore and delete. Apple does not update software via text or social media only via the device and the different ways to access internet recovery or for your iPhone, MacBook or apple devices the trusted and secure way is software update in Settings.

May 23, 2022 11:59 AM in response to Wendwaswoo

Yes what I do when I’m in a public place and I feel someone is trying to intrude in my phone I turn airplane mode on and off rapidly fast it’s enough to spook them. People hate wasted time So instead of turning it off just go ahead and turn airplane mode on fast enough it’s a dropped connection… free to continue living your life Best Regards,

Sola

Text message to turn off phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.