Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Book Air 2017 compatibility

I want to connect my Mac Book Air to an external Monitor via VGA to HDMI adapter, which brands are compatible with my Mac Book Air 2017?

Posted on May 24, 2022 1:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2022 5:30 PM

That Apple Support document describe a couple options, but they are for newer Macs with USB-C ports: Adapters for the Thunderbolt 4, Thunderbolt 3, or USB-C port on your Mac - Apple Support.

Your Mac does not have an HDMI port. You would need to find an equivalent for the Thunderbolt port on your MacBook Air: Identify the ports on your Mac - Apple Support.

The inability for that monitor to recognize the Mac is most likely an incompatible adapter. You need to find one to convert Thunderbolt digital video to VGA. There are many inexpensive ones. I don't have any particular recommendations.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 24, 2022 5:30 PM in response to Mweakley

That Apple Support document describe a couple options, but they are for newer Macs with USB-C ports: Adapters for the Thunderbolt 4, Thunderbolt 3, or USB-C port on your Mac - Apple Support.

Your Mac does not have an HDMI port. You would need to find an equivalent for the Thunderbolt port on your MacBook Air: Identify the ports on your Mac - Apple Support.

The inability for that monitor to recognize the Mac is most likely an incompatible adapter. You need to find one to convert Thunderbolt digital video to VGA. There are many inexpensive ones. I don't have any particular recommendations.

Mac Book Air 2017 compatibility

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.