Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID

Both my iPhone and iPad were on the same Apple ID associated with a work email. When I retired, I went in and changed the email to my personal email. Instead of moving both over, the iPhone moved to the new email, the iPad stayed with the old email AND the iPhone is also listed on the old email (same iPhone serial number on both accounts). (1) If I remove the iPad from the work email and add it to the personal email, will I lose all my apps currently on the work email?

iPhone 7, iOS 15

Posted on May 24, 2022 3:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2022 5:17 PM

You won't lose data or the apps if you change the email address on the work ID using the steps in the article below.

Apple ID Name Change.  * 

Make sure you turn off Find My Phone before signing out of the old ID. Once signed out and Find My Phone is off, then sign in with the new ID, then turn Find My Phone back on.

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support  *  I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 24, 2022 5:17 PM in response to tsacow

You won't lose data or the apps if you change the email address on the work ID using the steps in the article below.

Apple ID Name Change.  * 

Make sure you turn off Find My Phone before signing out of the old ID. Once signed out and Find My Phone is off, then sign in with the new ID, then turn Find My Phone back on.

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support  *  I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.