Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery drain since iOS 15.5

Hi,

iPhone SE gen2 about 11 months old, has been running like a Swiss clock since the beginning.

Did the iOS 15.5 update last week, battery health is 92%, but now the battery drain very fast, like30-40% in airplane mode with all apps closed at night.

Tried the usual reboot, long power/home press to clear the cache, logging out of icloud, etc

Please fix ASAP because those issue with battery drain every few updates are too frequent and make it looks like you do not internally test updates.

Thank you.

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on May 26, 2022 7:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2022 10:49 AM

Thanks, I have already all those settings made. I was ok to wait a few for things to settle, but it is almost a full week. So looks like I have to go through everything Apple changed, log off, delete apps and re-install and so on just because they don’t test their stuff properly before release unfortunately.

Similar questions

44 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2022 10:49 AM in response to Jay_Rivera

Thanks, I have already all those settings made. I was ok to wait a few for things to settle, but it is almost a full week. So looks like I have to go through everything Apple changed, log off, delete apps and re-install and so on just because they don’t test their stuff properly before release unfortunately.

Jun 15, 2022 8:40 AM in response to Shonej

My phone just received the 15.5 update and I wish I hadn’t! My battery barely lasts looking up something on the internet or checking email. If I am in a app it drains quickly within minutes. It also keeps losing the wifi signal at home and work when previously no issues. Have tried the suggested fixes and checking background usage. Restarted twice already. Any advice?

Jun 20, 2022 1:17 AM in response to NewUserMay2022

I’m having exactly the same issue on iPad since I accidentally let apple update automatically to 15.5

I don’t have auto app refresh on anyway so that’s not causing it

I’ve also noticed that my amazon branded lightning connector no longer charges my iPad - it did before the upgrade and it still works on my iPhone (which I have not upgraded)

• any solutions to the battery issue
  • can i uninstall 15.5 and go back to 15.4
  • anyone else experience this issue with Amazon lightning connectors

Jul 14, 2022 12:34 PM in response to Hey50

I found two possible options somewhere else to try:

• If you have a PiHole setup: Disable „Limit IP Adress Tracking“ in the Settings of your Wifi (if it‘s disable: activate and deactivate)
  • Sign out from your Apple ID, restart and sign in again (you need to re-add your cards and keys to Apple Wallet)

I applied both, battery is now (9.30pm) at 33%. Before it was about 20%-point less.

There is still some issue I guess, but at least it helped a bit (me, maybe not you :/).

Good luck.

Jun 18, 2022 6:22 AM in response to Nitin2309

My battery is draining like 2% every 10min since updating to ios 15.5 three weeks ago. My battery health is 98% percent. My new ipad air also behaving the same. No draining over night, solid performance but soon as start using it, starts to count down, fast. Hope to see ios 15.5.1 with fixes.

Jun 29, 2022 1:46 AM in response to NewUserMay2022

I have an iPhone 11 Pro with 90% battery health but now following this latest update the drain on my battery is ridiculously fast.

I know some may suggest checking what apps are running the background but look my phone is used no differently to before the update so I wouldn’t expect it to perform so dramatically worse.

Come on Apple please sort this!

Jul 8, 2022 9:41 AM in response to NewUserMay2022

To everyone having the same issue,

I too have an iPhone 13 Pro and the battery health is down to 95% just 9 months into ownership. Apple has attempted to fix the first iteration of this problem with 15.2 and it appears that this issue has returned to affect other users of the new iPhone line. Apple has, however, the final iOS 15 update in the works in 15.6 and if this issue is reported to the Developer Hub or through Apple Support this issue may get logged and included in the fixes for 15.6. That is my suggestion to this thread that has grown with common themes and responses.

Jul 8, 2022 2:53 PM in response to Amc328

The developer hub can be reached in two ways; one is through developer.apple.com and then reported to the forums. The second way is if you have a Beta Profile downloaded to your phone. When you enter the Beta profile, you will have a app downloaded automatically that has an exclamation point titled 'Feedback Assistant' where you can report bugs or performance issues for Apple themselves to review and take into account for the next Developer Release and eventually the next official iOS update.

Jul 11, 2022 5:09 AM in response to NewUserMay2022

My iPhone is draining battery too fast it was lasting up to 9 hours before draining to 20% now it’s barely 2 hours and only using social media apps not any heavy use and it’s heating a lot at first i though it was the climate but even when the AC is on still heating and the battery health already downgraded with 1%, I hope they fix this ASAP because it’s ruining our batteries.

Jul 11, 2022 12:38 PM in response to sinomoon

iPhone 13 Pro Max iOS 15.5 here. This has only happened within the last couple of days or so with me, anyone else experiencing it especially within the last couple of days or so?

I purchased the phone directly from Apple on preorder last year right when they came out. I had iOS 15.5 since it was released in May & it keeps getting worse. Battery health is 99%.

Battery drain since iOS 15.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.