Related Article: Printer and scanner drivers for Mac

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My new MacBookAir will not print word documents. MY iPhone will allow word documents to be printed. 3.0 driver version on the printer. All else can be printed . Please help!.

My HP print will not allow my new MacBookAir to print word documents or convert them to PDFs. I can print PDFs, and my iPhone will allow me to print word documents. I cannot figure out the problem and need help. Thank you. Printer driver version is 3.0.

Posted on May 26, 2022 6:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2022 6:25 AM

If you can print from your iPhone with AirPrint, then your HP Printer must be an AirPrint-enabled printer.

Use AirPrint to print from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Printer driver version is 3.0.

No manufacturer-supplied drivers are required to use AirPrint, nor are they likely to work anyway.

Remove the existing printer from Printers & Scanners, and add it again: Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac - Apple Support

Be sure to select AirPrint.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 27, 2022 6:25 AM in response to Smitna

If you can print from your iPhone with AirPrint, then your HP Printer must be an AirPrint-enabled printer.

Use AirPrint to print from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Printer driver version is 3.0.

No manufacturer-supplied drivers are required to use AirPrint, nor are they likely to work anyway.

Remove the existing printer from Printers & Scanners, and add it again: Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac - Apple Support

Be sure to select AirPrint.

My new MacBookAir will not print word documents. MY iPhone will allow word documents to be printed. 3.0 driver version on the printer. All else can be printed . Please help!.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.