Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Charger Flickering Orange and Green

I have a late 2015 MacBook Pro and I have been having issues with the charger. It keeps cutting in and out. I plug it in, and it goes green than orange, like normal, but then after twenty seconds it cuts out, (stops charging), before reconnecting and doing the green to orange like normal. The icon on the menu bar shows that it is in fact disconnecting, and it's not just the light. It charges fine, although it does get rather hot sometimes.

The bigger issue is that twice now, the power adapter and the charging port have burnt out, (like completely blackened), and I have had to get it replaced. They people at the Mac place didn't see anything wrong with the charging port or adapter, so they just replaced it. But it seems like there may be a deeper problem with this cutting in and out that has been causing it to burn out. I'm really not a computer guy, but the two things do seem connected, as I just got it replaced again and it continues to flicker in and out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Cedar

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on May 27, 2022 9:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2022 1:04 PM

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities.

We want to make sure you reach the right team for help with your device. We recommend that you contact Apple Support directly. Depending on your region, you may be able to reach them here: Get Support.

Similar questions

4 replies

Charger Flickering Orange and Green

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.