Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPad Pro stuck in Bootloop during 15.6 update

The question is in my ? Description. The IPad is stuck on the Apple logo page but there is no bar under the apple, like it is still updating, but it has had more than enough time to update, 2 days to be exact. I have already attempted to do a hard restart, but the same apple logo screen appears? Anyone else having this issue?

***The IPad in question is not mine, it belongs to my boyfriend***

iPad Pro 10.5-inch, Wi-Fi

Posted on May 29, 2022 9:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2022 8:41 AM

As described, something has stalled during the update.

Connect your iPad to its Power Adapter and allow the iPad to charge. While still connected to external power, try a forced-restart:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On other iPad models: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

Note:  If iPad still doesn’t turn on, or if it gets stuck during start up, see the Apple Support article If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t turn on or is frozen. Or if your iPad isn’t working correctly after you restart it, see the iPad Support website.

If you remain unable to restart the iPad, it may be necessary to restore to Factory Settings:

If you see the Restore screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Restore your iPhone, iPad or iPod to factory settings – Apple Support

Restore all content to iPad from a backup - Apple Support

You’ll need access to either a PC (with iTunes installed) or a Mac (with iTunes or Finder - as appropriate for the installed version of MacOS).

Download and use iTunes for Windows – Apple Support

Update to the latest version of iTunes – Apple Support

Use of a PC or Mac computer is unavoidable. If you don’t have access to a suitable computer of your own, that of a helpful friend or family member will suffice. Alternatively, the technicians at the Genius Bar of your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) will be delighted to assist:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 30, 2022 8:41 AM in response to gretagrits

As described, something has stalled during the update.

Connect your iPad to its Power Adapter and allow the iPad to charge. While still connected to external power, try a forced-restart:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On other iPad models: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

Note:  If iPad still doesn’t turn on, or if it gets stuck during start up, see the Apple Support article If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t turn on or is frozen. Or if your iPad isn’t working correctly after you restart it, see the iPad Support website.

If you remain unable to restart the iPad, it may be necessary to restore to Factory Settings:

If you see the Restore screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Restore your iPhone, iPad or iPod to factory settings – Apple Support

Restore all content to iPad from a backup - Apple Support

You’ll need access to either a PC (with iTunes installed) or a Mac (with iTunes or Finder - as appropriate for the installed version of MacOS).

Download and use iTunes for Windows – Apple Support

Update to the latest version of iTunes – Apple Support

Use of a PC or Mac computer is unavoidable. If you don’t have access to a suitable computer of your own, that of a helpful friend or family member will suffice. Alternatively, the technicians at the Genius Bar of your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) will be delighted to assist:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

May 29, 2022 9:13 PM in response to gretagrits

gretagrits Said:

"IPad Pro stuck in Bootloop during 15.6 update: [...]***The IPad in question is not mine, it belongs to my boyfriend***"

-------

Resolving an iPad in a Boot Loop:

This typically occurs when you were updating something, and it was unsuccessful. So, to fix this, see my user tip on Boot Loops and iPhones, and its relevance to iPads.How to Fix an iPhone in a Boot Loop - User Tip

IPad Pro stuck in Bootloop during 15.6 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.