Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Focus Status

Ever since I updated to iPadOS 15.5 and iOS 15.5 some of my contacts tell me that my focus status always says that my notifications are silenced. I have a sleep schedule set so it should only say notifications are silenced overnight. I have toggled everything to do with focus status off and I have force restarted both devices. Nothing works. Does anyone know how to fix this or is it a bug?

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on May 30, 2022 11:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2022 11:46 AM

Share your Focus status 

When you set up a Focus, you can turn on Share Focus Status so that apps display to people who message you that you have notifications silenced. The apps only know that you have notifications silenced. Apps don't know which Focus you have turned on, so the name is never shared. Focus status is shared in apps when you have a Focus turned on and after you give an app permission. 

To turn Focus Status on: 

1. Go to Settings > Focus. 
  2. Select the Focus you set up. 
  3. Tap Focus Status, then turn it Off.

See the pic below

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 30, 2022 11:46 AM in response to Freddie and Flo

Share your Focus status 

When you set up a Focus, you can turn on Share Focus Status so that apps display to people who message you that you have notifications silenced. The apps only know that you have notifications silenced. Apps don't know which Focus you have turned on, so the name is never shared. Focus status is shared in apps when you have a Focus turned on and after you give an app permission. 

To turn Focus Status on: 

1. Go to Settings > Focus. 
  2. Select the Focus you set up. 
  3. Tap Focus Status, then turn it Off.

See the pic below

Jun 1, 2022 2:47 PM in response to Freddie and Flo

I am also having the same issue. I've tried turning the device off and on as well as disabling all "focused" options. My contacts are still seeing the "This user has silenced notifications" in our conversations. In addition, the "Share focused status" in conversation options is gray and in the off position. It cannot be toggled to the on position (Please see attached screen shot for reference). Please advise when a fix has been made available. Thank You.

Focus Status

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.