Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Image appears twice in Apple Mail signature block

I have just set up a new signature block in my Apple Mail that includes an image graphic (the logo for my business) in png format. When I send an email, the signature block looks fine. However when that email is received, the logo image appears twice, one below the other (see attached image here).

I do not know if this is related, but the reason that I had to set up a new signature is that GoDaddy required that I move the email account from what was a POP/SMTP server to a Microsoft Exchange server. The signature on the POP account works fine with the same logo, while the new one that is tied to the Exchange server duplicates the image.

Any ideas? A little web research on this seems to reveal that this is not a new problem, but I cannot find a resolution.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.3

Posted on May 30, 2022 4:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 31, 2022 8:33 AM

SustainableYitch wrote:

I have just set up a new signature block in my Apple Mail that includes an image graphic (the logo for my business) in png format. When I send an email, the signature block looks fine. However when that email is received, the logo image appears twice, one below the other (see attached image here).

I do not know if this is related, but the reason that I had to set up a new signature is that GoDaddy required that I move the email account from what was a POP/SMTP server to a Microsoft Exchange server. The signature on the POP account works fine with the same logo, while the new one that is tied to the Exchange server duplicates the image.

Any ideas? A little web research on this seems to reveal that this is not a new problem, but I cannot find a resolution.

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/9817e149-fee5-4af2-a3b6-f63470cee0a0

Make some changes and compare your results...

Create and use email signatures in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

if no insight or resolve for your third party—

if in doubt search the developers website or contact: Support/Help/FAQ/Known issues/compatibility/Updates

Microsoft 365 from GoDaddy Help

Sign in to webmail | Microsoft 365 from GoDaddy

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 31, 2022 8:33 AM in response to SustainableYitch

SustainableYitch wrote:

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/9817e149-fee5-4af2-a3b6-f63470cee0a0

Make some changes and compare your results...

Create and use email signatures in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

if no insight or resolve for your third party—

if in doubt search the developers website or contact: Support/Help/FAQ/Known issues/compatibility/Updates

Microsoft 365 from GoDaddy Help

Sign in to webmail | Microsoft 365 from GoDaddy

Jun 1, 2022 10:24 AM in response to SustainableYitch

If recreating the signature doesn't fix the problem give this a try: boot into Safe Mode according to How to use safe mode on your Mac and test to see if the problem persists. Reboot normally and test again.

NOTE: Safe Mode boot can take up to 3 - 5 minutes as it's doing the following; 

• Verifies your startup disk and attempts to repair directory issues, if needed

• Loads only required kernel extensions (prevents 3rd party kernel/extensions from loading)

• Prevents Startup Items and Login Items from opening automatically

• Disables user-installed fonts 

• Deletes font caches, kernel cache, and other system cache files

Image appears twice in Apple Mail signature block

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.