Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Latest update of Monterey and hyperlinks in mail won't open

I have just updated to Monterey 12.4 and no can not open any links in any email in the Apple Mail programme. I have looked at old threads for same problem and nothing has resolved the issue. Everything on my Mac is up to date and I have restarted computer >1 and cleared cache etc nothing is working. Has anyone got a solution?

Thanks

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jun 1, 2022 3:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2022 8:08 AM

Akifemsurg wrote:

I have just updated to Monterey 12.4 and no can not open any links in any email in the Apple Mail programme. I have looked at old threads for same problem and nothing has resolved the issue. Everything on my Mac is up to date and I have restarted computer >1 and cleared cache etc nothing is working. Has anyone got a solution?
Thanks

Verify you have Safari set as default browser and compare your results:

Make Safari your default web browser on Mac - Apple Support

As a test disabling the

Open mail app select Mail>Preferences>Privacy

disable and compare your results...

• “Protect Mail Activity” /

• “Hide IP address” /

• “Block all remote content”

Use Mail Privacy Protection on Mac - Apple Support

If still no insight or resolve —you can add your browser to the Security & Privacy>Privacy settings>Full Disk Access

and test your mail hyperlinks...

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 2, 2022 8:08 AM in response to Akifemsurg

Akifemsurg wrote:

Thanks

Verify you have Safari set as default browser and compare your results:

Make Safari your default web browser on Mac - Apple Support

As a test disabling the

Open mail app select Mail>Preferences>Privacy

disable and compare your results...

• “Protect Mail Activity” /

• “Hide IP address” /

• “Block all remote content”

If still no insight or resolve —you can add your browser to the Security & Privacy>Privacy settings>Full Disk Access

and test your mail hyperlinks...

Latest update of Monterey and hyperlinks in mail won't open

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.