Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

On my old MacBook Pro, when I received a text, it showed up on screen in a small box. With my MacBook Air, when I recieve a text, I get a similar box that tells who sent the text, but the text does not appear. Can I fix this? Thanks!

On my old MacBook Pro, when I received a text, it showed up on screen in a small box. With my new MacBook Air, when I receive a text, I get a similar box that tells who sent the text, but the text does not appear. Can I fix this? Thanks!

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on Jun 1, 2022 4:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2022 12:06 PM

Hello rldphd,

It seems like you're referring to Messages notifications. This link outlines how to manage notifications from Messages on Mac: Manage notifications from Messages on Mac

You can set options in Notifications preferences to turn off all notifications for Messages, change how the notifications appear, and more. To pause notifications from Messages, turn on Do Not Disturb or another Focus.

For more about how to change Notifications preferences on Mac, please check out this link: Change Notifications preferences on Mac

Thanks!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 2, 2022 12:06 PM in response to rldphd

Hello rldphd,

It seems like you're referring to Messages notifications. This link outlines how to manage notifications from Messages on Mac: Manage notifications from Messages on Mac

You can set options in Notifications preferences to turn off all notifications for Messages, change how the notifications appear, and more. To pause notifications from Messages, turn on Do Not Disturb or another Focus.

For more about how to change Notifications preferences on Mac, please check out this link: Change Notifications preferences on Mac

Thanks!

On my old MacBook Pro, when I received a text, it showed up on screen in a small box. With my MacBook Air, when I recieve a text, I get a similar box that tells who sent the text, but the text does not appear. Can I fix this? Thanks!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.