Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can’t transfer my child to another family with family sharing

I can’t transfer my child to another family. There is no family transfer request that appears anywhere on my phone

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Jun 1, 2022 5:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2022 7:17 PM

I have tried the link however, I am not receiving a request to transfer her account to another family. So…. To recap…. After following all information in link and several hours of reading and watching videos, I can not transfer her account because it doesn’t give me an option to, the child’s phone will not open the invitation because she is part of another family, the current organizer can’t leave, or stop family sharing until child is transferred to another family and I can’t do that because a family transfer request never shows up probably because the child can’t open the invitation because she is part of a family of which she needs to be transferred from. Ughhhhhhh!!!

14 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 1, 2022 7:17 PM in response to Chattanoogan

I have tried the link however, I am not receiving a request to transfer her account to another family. So…. To recap…. After following all information in link and several hours of reading and watching videos, I can not transfer her account because it doesn’t give me an option to, the child’s phone will not open the invitation because she is part of another family, the current organizer can’t leave, or stop family sharing until child is transferred to another family and I can’t do that because a family transfer request never shows up probably because the child can’t open the invitation because she is part of a family of which she needs to be transferred from. Ughhhhhhh!!!

Jun 3, 2022 4:41 AM in response to rjohnhenry

Folks: I’m not doubting or second-guessing your experiences.

Simply trying to better understand and document at what steps in the published procedure (pasted and annotated below) the system is breaking-down.

Ref: Move a child to another group using Family Sharing – Apple Support (AU)

Confim running current iOS (15.5)

Please confirm that these steps are being performed on the “gaining familiy” Organizer’s iPhone.

Also, are the children successfully entering THEIR own unique AppleID and Password into the gaining organizer’s phone (Step 5)?

= = = = =

Invite a child from your [gaining organizer] iPhone, iPad or iPod touch

1. Go to Settings [on gaining organizer’s phone]
  2. Tap your [gaining organizer] name, then tap Family Sharing.
  3. Tap Add Member
  4. Tap Invite in Person.
  5. Ask the child to enter their Apple ID and password. Find out what to do if the child has forgotten their password.
  6. Follow the onscreen steps.
  7. After the child's current family organiser has approved the request, provide parental consent and a valid payment method.
  8. To check the status of the request, go to [gaining organizer] Settings, tap your [gaining organizer] name, tap Family Sharing, then tap the child's name.

Then … the “loosing” organizer should:

9) On your [loosing organizer] iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, tap Settings. Below your name, find a notification that says "Family Transfer Request". Tap the notification and follow the onscreen instructions.

Jun 2, 2022 11:27 PM in response to JTROLLINS

I have the same problem. Tried every way to invite my child. It worked okay for my first kid, but my second kid who's in my wife's apple family cannot be transferred. Yes I tried the 'invite in person' option, invite via 'imessage', invite via email, invite via airdrop.... everything!!

The only difference I can find from my first kid is that the former had an apple id of email address while my second kid has an apple id with a phone number (the one who cannot be transferred). Is there no way to fix this? Am I missing something here?

Jun 3, 2022 4:47 AM in response to Chattanoogan

I myself am trying on my mac. Not my iPhone. and yes, all of these steps are being followed, except, once I enter my child's id and password it says he is already part of another family so I cannot add him. It worked perfectly for my first kid, but my second kid is stuck on his old family. Now, I read somewhere that payments need to be set up for family sharing and in India, currently card payments are not supported but only to add funds, but my first kid was successfully added to my family without any issues even though payment sharing is not working for me now.

Jun 3, 2022 4:55 AM in response to Chattanoogan

I am not sure about that since , both times all the parameters were similar. Payment sharing was not set up for me before either and my first kid was successfully added yet not the second. Is there a fix to this? I have just realized that even if my second kid is added back I cant make any payments for them since payment sharing is not working for me.

I can’t transfer my child to another family with family sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.