Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Package theft in apartment

Packages in my apartment rarely ever got stolen as my apartment has an array of Amazon lockers readily available for deliverymen to drop packages off to residents. This time was an exception however. I put in an order for an Apple pencil and an iPad Air on the 17th of May. Upon having checked out my order, I was notified that it would take Apple approximately 4-5 weeks for them to ship the iPad itself as there were supply chain issues (or so I was told), and so the only item according to Apple that would ship the day after (May 18th) would be the Apple pencil. Fast forward to May 18th, I received a text message from Apple telling me that they've shipped my order. I immediately headed over to the concierge/reception to ask for my package, as I did not receive an email from the Amazon Hub telling me that I have a package inside a locker to pickup (the front desk is also a place where delivery men would drop off packages). To my surprise, reception couldn't seem to locate the package. Puzzled, I headed over to the UPS website and tried tracking down the package, where the website showed that the package was indeed delivered to the correct address and was even signed under the super's name. I started panicking and realized that another tenant had mistaken my package for theirs or have intentionally stolen it. I called Apple support and they were more than willing to send out a replacement package the day after. I am now NERVOUSLY waiting for the arrival of my iPad Air. What are the chances of another tenant stealing it from the lobby, given that the UPS driver couldn't be inclined to use the Amazon locker to safely deliver packages and Apple happily shipping a replacement item if a repeat incident were to occur?

Posted on Jun 3, 2022 9:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2022 9:42 PM

I am now NERVOUSLY waiting for the arrival of my iPad Air. What are the chances of another tenant stealing it from the lobby, given that the UPS driver couldn't be inclined to use the Amazon locker to safely deliver packages and Apple happily shipping a replacement item if a repeat incident were to occur?

Unfortunately, we are all other end users here and do not work for Apple, so there is no way we can speak for them and answer your question. We also couldn't speculate on the chance of having it stolen. Having said that, if you are that nervous, why don't you change the order to pick up at a store?

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 3, 2022 9:42 PM in response to hayoh

I am now NERVOUSLY waiting for the arrival of my iPad Air. What are the chances of another tenant stealing it from the lobby, given that the UPS driver couldn't be inclined to use the Amazon locker to safely deliver packages and Apple happily shipping a replacement item if a repeat incident were to occur?

Unfortunately, we are all other end users here and do not work for Apple, so there is no way we can speak for them and answer your question. We also couldn't speculate on the chance of having it stolen. Having said that, if you are that nervous, why don't you change the order to pick up at a store?

Package theft in apartment

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.