Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

IPHONE REPAIR SCAM?!?

I called a number that said they were apple customer service. I have a cracked iPhone 14 pro max. After speaking with them they said they could have someone pick up my phone from my house within 2 hours to repair it. They also said that they would need a $200 security deposit and that it would be refunded to me after the phone was fixed. The weird thing was the deposit needed to be on an apple gift card. I have 2 numbers in which I got in contact with them. I’m not sure if I can post them without this getting taken down.

I’ve never heard of apple picking your device up from your house. When I asked when they started this they said when the iPhone 15 came out. I doubt this is true because apple charges for everything haha

iPhone X

Posted on Sep 27, 2023 6:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2023 6:05 PM

Yep, it's a scam. I hope you didn't provide a gift card or schedule anyone to come to your house to take your phone?

If you need to have the screen replaced on your iPhone, this link is actually from Apple --> iPhone Screen Repair & Replacement - Apple Support

Similar questions

3 replies

IPHONE REPAIR SCAM?!?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.