Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Books will not view all Apple Voice Memos

Hi, I have a folder of Apple m4a Voice Memos. I dragged them into Apple Books on my MacBook.

Message: Imported 66 of 66. Failed: 0. But only 14 of them are visible and accessible. The others can not be searched, browsed or listened to. When I look in the file system for Apple Books in the Library folder, they are indeed present on the disk, but not visible in the GUI. I have tried to delete the folders, in hope to have them recreated, but no luck. Any advice?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jun 4, 2022 3:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 5, 2022 9:43 AM

Actually it looks like everyting imported will be grouped by album. Problem is... the sub content is gone... unless you by accident are able to click the super hidden place to discover it....(ironic)... I just found that secret place....its is in the upper right corner... and from there you can see the other tracks.... So I need to edit the metadata - probably in Music - to remove the "Recapp" album... or intentionally group them all by another album name. So problem solved. Whether or not Apple Books or Music will be the best place for audio files in the end, I don't know. Maybe I try them both and see. Thanks for the motivation to go the extra mile. God bless you!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 5, 2022 9:43 AM in response to finnove

Actually it looks like everyting imported will be grouped by album. Problem is... the sub content is gone... unless you by accident are able to click the super hidden place to discover it....(ironic)... I just found that secret place....its is in the upper right corner... and from there you can see the other tracks.... So I need to edit the metadata - probably in Music - to remove the "Recapp" album... or intentionally group them all by another album name. So problem solved. Whether or not Apple Books or Music will be the best place for audio files in the end, I don't know. Maybe I try them both and see. Thanks for the motivation to go the extra mile. God bless you!

Jun 5, 2022 9:27 AM in response to picas

Tried once more. Deleted /Users/<user>/Library/Containers/com.apple.BKAgentService/Data/Documents/iBooks completely. Emptied the trash. It was first when I rebooted I could see the Apple Books becoming empty. I then did a new import. All files would import. But 1 strange thing happens: 14 Files are shown in the GUI (as before). And all these 14 files are placed in their own folder with a SHA1 value. But 1 folder contains the rest of the files... and just 1 file of them is shown - with the name "Recapp". I think all the files have the "Recapp" name - not in the title - but for the album. So for 1 album - just 1 file is shown - and its not the song/audio title, but the album title. Maybe Audio Books is guessing thats its the same content... and ignoring the rest... something strange about that SHA1/duplicate file calculation maybe?

Apple Books will not view all Apple Voice Memos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.