Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Accessibility and VoiceOver and on and off

Are use VoiceOver not a problem on a MacBook Pro all the sudden there is a second voice in the background reading when I’m going around my Mac know the difference between this and the VoiceOver they both go together is when I go over the apps on the home screen or anything like that it do not read what they are saying whereas VoiceOver would and is when it on iTunes VoiceOver off to see if that was causing the problem and it’s still switched on with a woman speaking in the background when I’m reading in Safari the two reading alongside each other what is the problem how can I solve it

Posted on Jun 4, 2022 8:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 5, 2022 11:30 AM

Hello Batrat25,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We can understand the concern, and we're happy to help. We suggest backing up your computer, and then resetting the VoiceOver preferences. The steps to reset are found here:

Export, import, and reset VoiceOver preferences on Mac - Apple Support

If the reset fixes this for you, then you will have to set your VoiceOver preferences back up manually. Should you be unsuccessful, get in touch with Apple Support for additional assistance:

Get Support

We hope this helps you.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 5, 2022 11:30 AM in response to Batrat25

Hello Batrat25,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We can understand the concern, and we're happy to help. We suggest backing up your computer, and then resetting the VoiceOver preferences. The steps to reset are found here:

Export, import, and reset VoiceOver preferences on Mac - Apple Support

If the reset fixes this for you, then you will have to set your VoiceOver preferences back up manually. Should you be unsuccessful, get in touch with Apple Support for additional assistance:

Get Support

We hope this helps you.

Jun 6, 2022 10:34 AM in response to Batrat25

Batrat25,

The reset instructions are in the article:

"Reset preferences

Important: Export your preferences first, so you have a backup copy.

1. Open VoiceOver Utility (press VO-F8 when VoiceOver is on).
  2. Choose File, then choose to reset basic, custom (such as hot spots or Keyboard Commander key assignments), or all VoiceOver preferences to their default values.

If you have portable preferences on an external drive and reset basic or all VoiceOver preferences on your Mac, VoiceOver no longer recognizes the portable preferences drive and doesn’t sync VoiceOver preferences on your Mac and the drive. To sync VoiceOver preferences again, you must set up the portable preferences drive again."

If the issue continues, please visit Get Support.

Have a fantastic day!

Accessibility and VoiceOver and on and off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.