Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo at top of Messages list

A photo of a friend is “stuck” at the top of my Messages screen. How can I remove it? I’ve already checked my list of messages and there are none left from her.

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Jun 6, 2022 10:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2022 10:31 AM

It sounds as if you have the conversation with your friend pinned to the top of Messages.

See the section on Pinned Messages in this article:

Use Messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

With Messages in iOS 14 and iPadOS 14 and later, you can pin up to nine conversations. When you pin a conversation it shows up at the top of the Messages app, so it's easy to get to.
To pin a conversation, open Messages, then swipe right over the conversation. Or follow these steps:
Open Messages, then tap Edit or the More button .
Tap Edit Pins , then tap the Pin button .
Tap Done.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 6, 2022 10:31 AM in response to LIsa652

It sounds as if you have the conversation with your friend pinned to the top of Messages.

See the section on Pinned Messages in this article:

Use Messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

With Messages in iOS 14 and iPadOS 14 and later, you can pin up to nine conversations. When you pin a conversation it shows up at the top of the Messages app, so it's easy to get to.
To pin a conversation, open Messages, then swipe right over the conversation. Or follow these steps:
Open Messages, then tap Edit or the More button .
Tap Edit Pins , then tap the Pin button .
Tap Done.

Photo at top of Messages list

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.