Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 can't log into iCloud or iTunes with AppleID

Up until recently my old iphone 6 worked fine (version 12.5.5) , but recently it stopped talking to itunes.

I tried everything, so I signed my Apple ID out of the phone and attempted to sign back in again in the hope of fixing the issue.

After putting in my username and password, The screen shows "Signing into iCloud" and then asks to put in my iphone passcode.

After that nothing happens. The spinning flower icons keeps moving, but the sign in never finishes and goes forever.

If I force close the settings app and go into it again, it says that my account has signed in. I then try and turn on iTunes and the App store under my account. It then attempts to sign in showing "Signing in to iTunes & App Store..." but the spinning flower icon keeps spinning forever and nothing happens.

The iphone is connecting over wifi, and the wifi clearly works or visiting webpages on safari would fail. Time and date is set correctly.

I've tried restarting the iphone multiple times to retry this but it seems like Apple's icloud has left this device behind all of a sudden.

Posted on Jun 7, 2022 7:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2022 5:46 PM

I found the problem.

The iPhone has a failing cellular chip, and there was an old SIM in the socket.

I removed the old SIM and it gave up trying to activate the phone over cellular and let me connect to iTunes over wifi.

Similar questions

2 replies

Jun 8, 2022 9:21 AM in response to Nayfee

Hello Nayfee,

Does that behavior persist if you temporarily connect your iPhone 6 to another Wi-Fi network? That should help to further isolate a communication conflict between your iPhone 6 and Wi-Fi network specifically.

Are you able to sign into the iCloud website without any difficulties? iCloud

If so, you'll want to reach out to Apple Support so they can look into this further: Contact - Official Apple Support

Take care.

iPhone 6 can't log into iCloud or iTunes with AppleID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.