Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

incorrect album artwork being downloaded

Anytime i add a song or album and try to download album artwork, it downloads and attaches artwork from a previous album by the same artist and NOT the album i have the song titled with. I keep having to manually change each one individually unless i don't have anything by that artist previously. In that case it correctly downloads the correct artwork.

currently using Music 1.1.6.37

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jun 8, 2022 10:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2022 4:56 PM

I have the same issue with my MacBook Pro 16" 2021. Not only does it not bring in the correct artwork for newly ripped cd's. I check the iTunes store to make sure the same artwork is there, but it has incorrectly changed so much artwork in my music library I truly believe this is Apples's purposeful doing to get us to subscribe to Apple Music. So frustrating!

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 13, 2022 4:56 PM in response to turingtest2

I have the same issue with my MacBook Pro 16" 2021. Not only does it not bring in the correct artwork for newly ripped cd's. I check the iTunes store to make sure the same artwork is there, but it has incorrectly changed so much artwork in my music library I truly believe this is Apples's purposeful doing to get us to subscribe to Apple Music. So frustrating!

incorrect album artwork being downloaded

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.