Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Album artwork not correct

I have many music albums on my Mac and my iPhone that show the wrong album artwork. Is there an easy fix to this? And yes they have been updated to the latest version and they're both new or fairly new.

iPhone 12

Posted on Oct 4, 2021 7:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2021 12:05 PM

This problem has come up again and again, you can see it occasionally in the forums. I am having it right now after moving from my iPhone XS to 13 mini. It is NOT easily solved, and I *still* haven't figured out how to solve it myself. You can see some threads with people trying to solve it, but many of these require that you reset your phone and such, which is A LOT of work just to get this working correctly.

Look at these threads, and specifically look at the number of people saying they have the same problem:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252020882

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252329979

(Note that at least one of these has you go into Music app and Get Info on some songs in an album where this happening, and then run sync and it should fix it... I have not seen it fix it in my case however.)

Please DO NOT point us at some generic Apple documentation link that does nothing to solve this more complicated problem. I have tried to sync this. I have removed the songs from my phone and then re-sync. I have removed the download album art settings, then done a sync, then add that setting and sync again. Nothing solves this problem so far.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 13, 2021 12:05 PM in response to KMB_12

This problem has come up again and again, you can see it occasionally in the forums. I am having it right now after moving from my iPhone XS to 13 mini. It is NOT easily solved, and I *still* haven't figured out how to solve it myself. You can see some threads with people trying to solve it, but many of these require that you reset your phone and such, which is A LOT of work just to get this working correctly.

Look at these threads, and specifically look at the number of people saying they have the same problem:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252020882

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252329979

(Note that at least one of these has you go into Music app and Get Info on some songs in an album where this happening, and then run sync and it should fix it... I have not seen it fix it in my case however.)

Please DO NOT point us at some generic Apple documentation link that does nothing to solve this more complicated problem. I have tried to sync this. I have removed the songs from my phone and then re-sync. I have removed the download album art settings, then done a sync, then add that setting and sync again. Nothing solves this problem so far.

Oct 13, 2021 2:15 PM in response to Tomes

Just solved this problem by calling Apple support, and during the call the one thing the support rep had me do which I hadn't tried before is deleting and reinstalling the Apple Music app from the phone. After running a sync to get the music back on the phone, it all looked good. Hopefully this helps someone!

Oct 6, 2021 5:09 AM in response to petrarocks

Hi petrarocks,

Thanks for the clarification!

If the album artwork in your Music library is correct and the issue is just with an iPhone you synced with Music, you can try re-syncing it. Just un-check the Sync Music option in Finder to remove everything from the phone, then re-check the Sync Music option and allow it to sync everything over again.

Use the Finder to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer

If you're still having problems with the album artwork on your iPhone, we'd recommend contacting Apple for assistance: Get Support

Cheers!

Album artwork not correct

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.