Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

M1 MBP external monitor flickering and linear lines

Just bought my Hyperdrive Duo 7-in-2 Thundebolt Hub recently (which supports 4K/60Hz HDMI), and it doesnt work as expected on my Macbook Pro M1, i was at macOS 12.1 and it flickers every 2 seconds, and after an unplug of hdmi, it even goes black. My monitor is Samsung U28R55 which supports 4K 60Hz HDR (and there’s no HDR Option shown), i tried updating macOS to the latest version, which makes the frequency of flickering become around 15 seconds instead of 2 seconds, however, this is still unusable and unreliable, i searched around from the web, there’s plenty of cases seems having the same issue with M1 series Mac, but there doesnt seems to be a solution with it, i hope there will be a fix very soon from Apple.

Pretty sure that it isnt the monitor’s or the hub’s issue, not even the cable, i tried the same setup on an Intel based Macbook Pro, and there’s no issue with it.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jun 9, 2022 7:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 9, 2022 7:59 AM

kwankiu wrote:

Just bought my Hyperdrive Duo 7-in-2 Thundebolt Hub recently (which supports 4K/60Hz HDMI), and it doesnt work as expected on my Macbook Pro M1, i was at macOS 12.1 and it flickers every 2 seconds, and after an unplug of hdmi, it even goes black. My monitor is Samsung U28R55 which supports 4K 60Hz HDR (and there’s no HDR Option shown), i tried updating macOS to the latest version, which makes the frequency of flickering become around 15 seconds instead of 2 seconds, however, this is still unusable and unreliable, i searched around from the web, there’s plenty of cases seems having the same issue with M1 series Mac, but there doesnt seems to be a solution with it, i hope there will be a fix very soon from Apple.

Pretty sure that it isnt the monitor’s or the hub’s issue, not even the cable, i tried the same setup on an Intel based Macbook Pro, and there’s no issue with it.

28" UHD Monitor (U28R55) | High Resolution Monitor

https://displaysolutions.samsung.com/solutions/monitor-solution/easy-setting-box

Monitors Support - Samsung

Samsung Electronics/Customer service

1 (800) 726-7864

If in doubt refer to the developers website; Support/Help/FAQ/known issues/compatibility/updates:

Contact a third party vendor

Contact a third-party vendor - Apple Support

I will add—The current stable release of Monterey including bug fixes, is macOS 12.4

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/get-macos-updates-mchlpx1065/mac

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 9, 2022 7:59 AM in response to kwankiu

kwankiu wrote:

28" UHD Monitor (U28R55) | High Resolution Monitor

https://displaysolutions.samsung.com/solutions/monitor-solution/easy-setting-box

Monitors Support - Samsung

Samsung Electronics/Customer service

1 (800) 726-7864

If in doubt refer to the developers website; Support/Help/FAQ/known issues/compatibility/updates:

Contact a third party vendor

Contact a third-party vendor - Apple Support

I will add—The current stable release of Monterey including bug fixes, is macOS 12.4

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/get-macos-updates-mchlpx1065/mac

M1 MBP external monitor flickering and linear lines

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.