Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iPhone won't back up

I am trying to set up my new iPhone but my old iPhone isn't backed up. I try to back up my old iPhone but it stay s at 0% and im having a problem with it shutting off every 5-6 minutes. is there any other way to transfers my data to my new iPhone?

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 10, 2022 8:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2022 8:51 PM

Transfer Data from old iPhone to new-

Do you have a backup created either on iCloud or on your computer?

Method 1 - Backup your old iPhone on your computer like this 👉 How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support and then Restore your new iPhone from that backup like this 👉Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Method 2 - The Quick Start method and here is how to do that 👉  Use Quick Start to transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Axel F.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 10, 2022 8:51 PM in response to Andie_Pandie

Transfer Data from old iPhone to new-

Do you have a backup created either on iCloud or on your computer?

Method 1 - Backup your old iPhone on your computer like this 👉 How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support and then Restore your new iPhone from that backup like this 👉Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Method 2 - The Quick Start method and here is how to do that 👉  Use Quick Start to transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Axel F.

Jun 10, 2022 9:08 PM in response to Andie_Pandie

Andie_Pandie Said:

"my iPhone won't back up: I am trying to set up my new iPhone but my old iPhone isn't backed up. I try to back up my old iPhone but it stay s at 0% and im having a problem with it shutting off every 5-6 minutes. is there any other way to transfers my data to my new iPhone?"

-------

Resolving a Boot Loop:

Your iPhone is in a Boot Loop. That typically occurs when you were updating something, and it was unsuccessful. So, to fix this, use my User Tip: How to Fix an iPhone in a Boot Loop - User Tip

my iPhone won't back up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.