Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Download in accessory firmware

I connect my IPhone 12 Pro Max to a TV HDMI slot with the Apple Lighning Digital AV Adapter.

This allows me to watch vide on the TV from my iPhone. Also to watch movies, etc.

Since the last IOS update this does not seem to be working and I get the message "Downloading accessory firmware. Your accessory will not function until the download completes. OK".

However nothing is downloading and still cannot connect the iPhone to the TV via the adapter lead.

Anyone suggest what is going on here ?

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Jun 11, 2022 10:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2022 3:46 PM

I've started to experience this issue as well. it seems specific to the phone based on my testing with other iphones. The accessory firmware it's referring to is the HDMI adapter (the official apple one). Is there any support for this?

12 replies

Download in accessory firmware

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.