Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airplay

I am totally lost. I own Apple TV but I do not remember setting up an Airplay account. If I did, I have no idea what the password would be. Now i just want to connect my iTunes library to my iPhone. I don't have any idea how to do that. I can't even use the same library on two different computers in the house. The PC I own has a different library, but I don't especially want that. I wish things were better explained to an old man who has no plan to become a computer whiz.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 14, 2022 10:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2022 10:14 AM

1. No such thing as an Airplay account. You Airplay to a device directly. If you set up a password for it, you can change it from the Settings Menu directly on the Apple TV by going to Settings->Airplay & Home Kit. You don't need to know it, you can just setup a new password form there, or turn off the need for a password altogether. If it's asking for an Airplay Passcode, it should be visible on TV that the Apple TV is connected to, for you to enter on your device. Link-> If you're asked to enter an AirPlay password on Apple TV - Apple Support
  2. Where is the iTunes Library you are trying to connect to the iPhone then? If the PC has a different library, then which library are you trying to connect? What does this have to do with your Apple TV then? The Apple TV does not hold an iTunes Library. It can access one form a computer if Home Sharing is set up, same as the iPhone can: link-> Use Home Sharing to share media from a computer to other devices - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 14, 2022 10:14 AM in response to Retirededitor3

1. No such thing as an Airplay account. You Airplay to a device directly. If you set up a password for it, you can change it from the Settings Menu directly on the Apple TV by going to Settings->Airplay & Home Kit. You don't need to know it, you can just setup a new password form there, or turn off the need for a password altogether. If it's asking for an Airplay Passcode, it should be visible on TV that the Apple TV is connected to, for you to enter on your device. Link-> If you're asked to enter an AirPlay password on Apple TV - Apple Support
  2. Where is the iTunes Library you are trying to connect to the iPhone then? If the PC has a different library, then which library are you trying to connect? What does this have to do with your Apple TV then? The Apple TV does not hold an iTunes Library. It can access one form a computer if Home Sharing is set up, same as the iPhone can: link-> Use Home Sharing to share media from a computer to other devices - Apple Support

Airplay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.