Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessages on Mac

My iMessages is synced between my iPhone, Mac, iPad, and Apple Watch. When I read new messages on my iPhone my Mac shows the new messages but shows them as "not read". I read most of my text messages on my phone and I do not use my Mac every day. So I will turn on my Mac and it will show a few thousand new messages. At that point I need to click on each conversation to mark them as read. Can I select more than one conversation at once and mark them as read. Or even better, how do I get these to sync from my iPhone to Mac so they show as read automatically?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Jun 14, 2022 5:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 15, 2022 1:59 AM

Use Messages in iCloud - Apple Support (CA)

The on the iPhone >> Settings >> Messages and enable TEXT Forwarding .

Still on the iPhone and refer to image below ( Enable the computer by its Name ) This will allow SMS / text messages to appear in the computer. If read on iPhone, it should sync to computer a read also

Similar questions

1 reply

iMessages on Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.