Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Serial Number activated? how to know?

Hi community, I am going to buy a Macbook, if I check the serial number in my iPhone coverage application (dark screenshot) , I get a limited warranty date in less than one year, if I check the same serial number in apple website, I get a different information (Purchase date not validated). How can I know if this product was already activated with an iCloud account or not? How can I know if I buy it, if I can put my iCloud and extend warranty for two years? Thank you!!

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Jun 16, 2022 12:34 PM

Similar questions

12 replies

Jun 16, 2022 2:41 PM in response to robertmurer

robertmurer wrote:

In Argentina we don't have Apple, neither we have Authorized Sellers. So only way is through these kind of guys who brings products from the US as resellers but unofficial.

This item would NOT or will NOT be elegible for AppleCare+? I am not understanding if you are confirming or not sure.

Apple Care+ has to be bought within 60 days of a new purchase.

In this case that would be the original purchase (your third party)...booted up or not. You have a one year limited warranty—

and if that is what the screen shot is showing— then it expires march 03, 2023

If you have AppleCare+

AppleCare Products - Mac - Apple

Jun 16, 2022 1:24 PM in response to robertmurer

Apple warranty begins the day an item leaves Apple or Apple Authorized Seller inventory. I'm going to guess the item you are looking at is not being sold by Apple or an Apple Authorized Seller? Buy from Apple or an Apple Authorized Seller and you won't have any issues with warranty.

Also, the item you are looking at would NOT be eligible for adding and AppleCare+ Plan.

Jun 16, 2022 3:25 PM in response to robertmurer

robertmurer wrote:

i understand once i activate i will have one year more from that date

NO, you won't. You are clearly buying a device NOT from Apple or an Apple Authorized Seller, and the warranty on your device already started this past March. You will NOT get one year from the date you start using it. Based on what you've posted, your warranty on this device will end in March 2023. And you will not be able to extend the warranty past that date.

Macbook Serial Number activated? how to know?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.