Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Activate iCloud Keychain without two-factor authentication

Hi

is it possible to activate icloud keychain without activating two factor authentication?

I’ll be asked for two factor authentication when I try to activate icloud keychain, and it says that my apple ID doesn’t support two factor authentication!!!

Is there any way to turn it on without sms or number verifiction?

I’ve used iPhone and iPad for a long time and I used iCloud keychain till it suddenly turned off several years ago due to requiring two factor authentication.

I can’t use Home application and so many other features such as connecting my apple watch to Apple-TV or my iPad for using Fitness+ app.

Please tell me if there is any way to turn it back on.

thank you 🙏🏻

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Jun 17, 2022 1:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 17, 2022 1:53 PM

iCloud Keychain requires 2FA with your AppleID. There s no way to bypass that requirement. You should contact Apple support and try to find out why your AppleID does not support 2FA, and if you can change that.

And 2FA requires a cellular telephone number with SMS capability. Again, no way to alter that requirement.

2FA is also required to use Apple Pay and wallet, Home Kit, messages in iCloud and other services.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 17, 2022 1:53 PM in response to mgmprime

iCloud Keychain requires 2FA with your AppleID. There s no way to bypass that requirement. You should contact Apple support and try to find out why your AppleID does not support 2FA, and if you can change that.

And 2FA requires a cellular telephone number with SMS capability. Again, no way to alter that requirement.

2FA is also required to use Apple Pay and wallet, Home Kit, messages in iCloud and other services.

Activate iCloud Keychain without two-factor authentication

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.