Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cant found item with name "Change security questions" in Security section, please help me

Hi everyone, today I encountered the following

problem, when I last went to change my control questions (in 2020) I had no

questions, I just went to the site (iforgot.apple.com) and changed there. Not

so long ago, I faced a similar problem again and thought it would not be

difficult for me, but everything turned out differently.

Now when I go to the site (iforgot.apple.com) I am

redirected to the page for authorization, and then offers to change the

password, after I did it redirects me to the main page, that is, instead of

changing the control questions - what I need, I change password :/

I searched all possible site and did not find a

solution anywhere, only the old ones, I also came across new sites where it

says that this can be done in the "Account Security", but there is

nothing like that at all, I went to all points and sites wherever I could and

did not find anything, tell me how to change my control questions, once and for

all

P.s. I tried to contact technical support, but after

the call I did not hear anything.

Posted on Jun 20, 2022 6:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 20, 2022 7:36 AM

You may not be able to turn 2 Factor Authentication off. From the article below. 

Can I turn off two-factor authentication after I’ve turned it on?

If you already use two-factor authentication, you can no longer turn it off. Certain features in the latest versions of iOS and macOS require this extra level of security, which is designed to protect your information. If you recently updated your account, however, you can unenroll for a period of two weeks. Just open your enrollment confirmation email and click the link to return to your previous security settings. Keep in mind, this makes your account less secure and means that you can't use features that require a higher level of security.

Apple ID -Two-factor authentication.   *

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 20, 2022 7:36 AM in response to Semurai

You may not be able to turn 2 Factor Authentication off. From the article below. 

If you already use two-factor authentication, you can no longer turn it off. Certain features in the latest versions of iOS and macOS require this extra level of security, which is designed to protect your information. If you recently updated your account, however, you can unenroll for a period of two weeks. Just open your enrollment confirmation email and click the link to return to your previous security settings. Keep in mind, this makes your account less secure and means that you can't use features that require a higher level of security.

Apple ID -Two-factor authentication.   *

Jun 20, 2022 7:37 AM in response to Semurai

You cannot disable 2FA. When you enroll your AppleID you have just 2 weeks to opt out. After that, it is permanently enabled on your AppleID and cannot be disabled.

See -> Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

If you already use two-factor authentication, you can no longer turn it off. Certain features in the latest versions of iOS and macOS require this extra level of security, which is designed to protect your information. If you recently updated your account, you can unenroll within two weeks of enrollment. Just open your enrollment confirmation email and click the link to return to your previous security settings. Keep in mind, this makes your account less secure and means that you can't use features that require higher security.”

I cant found item with name "Change security questions" in Security section, please help me

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.