You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't add music to Photos slideshow. Options greyed out.

Hi, this used to be easy to do but for some reason I can't figure it out.

When I make a slideshow in Photos, and try to add my own music, all the options are greyed out. I understand you can't add streaming songs from Music, but I dragged and dropped the MP3 file into my Music Library on the Music app. None of the options let me select them.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Jun 21, 2022 6:36 PM

2 replies

Jun 23, 2022 8:09 AM in response to djtiny95

Hello djtiny95,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We see you're having some issues adding music to a slideshow on your Mac, and we'd like to help. The following link may be able to assist with this: Create slideshows in Photos on Mac - Apple Support

If you can't get it to work after going through that article, please try creating a test user account and trying there: Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac - Apple Support

Let us know if this helps.

Regards.

Can't add music to Photos slideshow. Options greyed out.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.