Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't sync from Windows iTunes: "iCloud Music Library is On"

I have ~9,000 mp3s stored on my Windows 10 computer, visible in my iTunes library, and would like to sync them with my iPhone XS.

When I first did this it worked OK, but now iTunes just states "iCloud Music Library is On"

whereas before I had the option to choose which music files to sync (step 3 here).

I have made sure that iCloud Music Library is turned off in iTunes Preferences:

I now cannot sync any new music I add to my iTunes library. I've tried reinstalling iTunes, turning sync on my phone on and off and signing out and back in to my Apple account.

This happened around the same time I signed up for a free trial of Apple Music - I don't know if that's related.

A previous answer to this was to turn iCloud Music Library off on your iPhone, I don't have that option:

Any ideas how to re-enable music sync from iTunes to iPhone, not using iCloud?

iPhone iOS 15.5

Windows iTunes 12.12.4.1

Thanks in advance,

Will.

iPhone XS, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 22, 2022 2:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2022 5:12 PM

Turn off Sync Library in your last screenshot.

tt2

Similar questions

3 replies

Can't sync from Windows iTunes: "iCloud Music Library is On"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.