Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stuck in an Apple Maze

Hi all!

really hope that you can help!

I feel like I’m trapped in a maze. I’ll bullet point this as much as poss.

I realise that this is SO long and that most people will skip it but if there is anyone out there who likes solving problems and being a hero/heroine, I would be so, so, so grateful!

• my iPhone XS Max failed overnight (nearly 2 weeks ago) I woke up to it sounding as if it was repeatedly being plugged into the charger and the screen was part logo/part spinning wheel. I removed the charger and it is now just stuck on the logo and no hard reset joy.

• I eventually tried to update the phone with my MacBook Air via iTunes. However, after attempting this and making it through early steps, I receive a 1110 error.

I believe this related to lack of phone storage - but I’d had no prior warning of low storage and so don’t think That is the issue (though of course possible).

• I was running High Sierra on the laptop - so was not up to date/not latest iTunes. I’d previously not been able to update the OSX due to a space issue on the MacBook - despite having very little saved on the machine. The system file was rather large and not editable.

• I’ve since resolved this OS X issue, and had enough space to upgrade to Mojave.

However, now, when I try to authenticate iCloud on my laptop (either via system pref or via the web browser) it opens a window to give me a code and place to enter it, yet it tells me it is wrong. It Instructs me to use my “other macbook” but I don’t have another. The other option given, is to get a code sent to my mobile number. <— but I have no access to my phone due to the Apple logo lock out mentioned above. I feel like I’m stuck in an Apple maze :)

i have been given a spare phone which I can borrow temporarily. Can anyone tell me if:

• putting my sim in a different device will mess anything up on my original device?
  • if setting up my iCloud ID on the temporary phone will mess anything up on my original device or iCloud back ups.
  • If there’s a way to see what was contained in your last back up (e.g if voice memos were included). I know that my photos backed up on the day the phone crashed (which may have crashed during a backup) but the majority are there.
  • if there is a way to see when the last WhatsApp back up ran (if at all).
  • if putting my sim in a new phone and activating WhatsApp for a few days, will wipe / overwrite the data in my own phone.

It’s been such a tough couple of years and it is really important to me that I don’t lose my WhatsApp and iphone voice memo data... xx

Phew... anyone one know how to get out of this place?

thank you so much for reading this far!

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Jun 23, 2022 11:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2022 11:27 PM

due to the new verification code issue on Mojave’, I’m unable to log in to my Apple ID to download iTunes or into the support site to carry on the with the support ticket.

See -> Use two-factor authentication for security on your Mac and iOS devices

Use two-factor authentication for security on your Mac and iOS devices – Apple Support (UK)

See also -> About the 'Trust This Computer' alert on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

About the 'Trust This Computer' alert on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

I’m using a third party / different device and different Apple ID to write this.

Your Apple ID is the personal account you use with all Apple products and services. It includes the email address and password you use to sign in, as well as the contact, payment, and security details that you use with Apple.

• You can’t merge multiple Apple ID accounts.

I’ve been unable to log in to my own usual Apple ID on my laptop

A question: what have you done with your 'usual' Apple ID?

• If you've deleted it, you've lost it.

Read what happens if you delete your 'usual' Apple ID -> How to delete your Apple ID account

How to delete your Apple ID account – Apple Support (UK)

Read also -> Understand and control the personal information that you store with Apple

Understand and control the personal information that you store with Apple - Apple Support

• If you have changed it, see -> What to do after you change your Apple ID or password

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 23, 2022 11:27 PM in response to Casperino80

due to the new verification code issue on Mojave’, I’m unable to log in to my Apple ID to download iTunes or into the support site to carry on the with the support ticket.

See -> Use two-factor authentication for security on your Mac and iOS devices

Use two-factor authentication for security on your Mac and iOS devices – Apple Support (UK)

See also -> About the 'Trust This Computer' alert on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

About the 'Trust This Computer' alert on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

I’m using a third party / different device and different Apple ID to write this.

Your Apple ID is the personal account you use with all Apple products and services. It includes the email address and password you use to sign in, as well as the contact, payment, and security details that you use with Apple.

• You can’t merge multiple Apple ID accounts.

I’ve been unable to log in to my own usual Apple ID on my laptop

A question: what have you done with your 'usual' Apple ID?

• If you've deleted it, you've lost it.

Read what happens if you delete your 'usual' Apple ID -> How to delete your Apple ID account

How to delete your Apple ID account – Apple Support (UK)

Read also -> Understand and control the personal information that you store with Apple

Understand and control the personal information that you store with Apple - Apple Support

• If you have changed it, see -> What to do after you change your Apple ID or password

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support

Jun 23, 2022 11:58 AM in response to Casperino80

I eventually tried to update the phone with my MacBook Air via iTunes. However, after attempting this and making it through early steps, I receive a 1110 error.

If you get error 1110, you need to free up iPhone device storage see this Apple articles below:

If you need more space for an update on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you need more space for an update on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch – Apple Support (UK)

Clear Other storage on your iPhone or iPad

Clear Other storage on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

-> What's the difference between device storage and iCloud storage?

What's the difference between device storage and iCloud storage? - Apple Support

The try again to do the update, see the following Apple articles:

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support (IN)

If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch won’t update

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201435

You can do the update via PC, see this Apple article: Update software on iPhone, iPad or iPod touch in iTunes on PC

Update software on iPhone, iPad or iPod touch in iTunes on PC – Apple Support (UK)

If you have a Mac see this Apple article: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with the Finder

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with the Finder - Apple Support

You need about 7 GB device storage and good Service & Wi-Fi.

If they are On, turn Off Hotspot & VPN.

Jun 23, 2022 12:18 PM in response to Raicya

Hi Raicya!

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and reply. I really, really appreciate your thought and time.

The issue is that I can’t access the phone itself, as it’s frozen in the Apple loop. This means that I can’t free up space via the device.

The 1110 error code appeared in iTunes, when I attempted to update using my laptop (when running High Sierra).

I've since updated my OS X to Mojave and was going to attempt the update again with an newer iTunes but when I attempt to log into my iCloud account on the laptop (which I assume I’ll need, so that I can download apps, like iTunes), it tells me the verification code is wrong (despite it being on the same screen, next to the box I’m putting it in).

the only other way to get a verification code is via my mobile number - but I can’t use my phone (as it’s frozen) 😂

so it’s now a bit like the chicken and the egg. I need my laptop to allow me into iTunes so that I can try to update my phone .... but I can’t get into iTunes without my phone.

i feel like I’m caught in a weird maze x

😂😂😂

Jun 23, 2022 5:04 PM in response to Raicya

Thank you again.

Yes, as I said, I’d tried the force/hard reset but no joy ... 🥺

....and Apple support suggested updating my Mac OS X, to attempt another iOS update via a newer iTunes, but now, due to the new verification code issue on Mojave’, I’m unable to log in to my Apple ID to download iTunes or into the support site to carry on the with the support ticket. I hope that make sense.

Thank you for trying to help though. I appreciate it x

Jun 23, 2022 10:42 PM in response to Casperino80

>> I’ve just realised I’ve left an important bit of info out. Oops.

The Apple ID that I’m using to access this forum in Apple.com, is not the one mentioned above. I’m using a third party / different device and different Apple ID to write this. As said above, after updating OS X, I’ve been unable to log in to my own usual Apple ID on my laptop and cannot receive verification codes via my mobile (as it’s frozen)<<

Stuck in an Apple Maze

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.