Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macbook screen scratch

Hi!

I feel like im super protective of my 2021 14 inch macbook screen. I never touch it and when i close it i make sure that i don't have stuff on my keyboard that could potentially damage the screen. However i still have what it seems like some specs of dust/mini blemishes on my screen.

It seems like this is quite extreme since i never have had this before.

Should i use some type of screen protector to prevent this from getting worse?

I have to say i'm very disappointed with the quality of such an expensive computer...

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 12.3

Posted on Jun 24, 2022 10:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2022 10:17 AM

Don't use a screen protector or keyboard cover- it could crack the screen because it fills the space between the keys and screen when closed.

As for the dust, you can use a soft, lint-free cloth to wipe smudges away. If they persist, you can use a 70% isopropyl alcohol solution. Never spray liquid directly onto the screen!

Cleaning Your Apple Product - Notebook Computers

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 24, 2022 10:17 AM in response to timkoning17

Don't use a screen protector or keyboard cover- it could crack the screen because it fills the space between the keys and screen when closed.

As for the dust, you can use a soft, lint-free cloth to wipe smudges away. If they persist, you can use a 70% isopropyl alcohol solution. Never spray liquid directly onto the screen!

Cleaning Your Apple Product - Notebook Computers

Jun 24, 2022 10:24 AM in response to timkoning17

A screen protector can have the effect of stressing the lid hinge and cable, so from that standpoint they are not good things to have. Most responders here will discourage the use of cases and protectors.

Unfortunately, any device that is used will experience wear and tear and that to me is more or less "battle scars". I'll take the possibility of "scars" to get the benefits.

We have five Macs: three iMacs and two notebooks ... 2015 to 2020. Non of ours are scratched but there is a tiny bit of wear on certain finishes. As it has zero effect on usefulness or productivity, we just ignore them. I in fact, don't mind the wear and tear ... means I'm getting full value for my money in using the devices.

macbook screen scratch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.