You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud photos

I have an iMac at home, a MBPro for the road, an iPad, and an iPhone.

All on +

All signed into iCloud

All using iCloud Photos “On”

iMac is at home, but I have extended maritime trips with the other devices where access to the internet is spotty, if at all, for weeks at a time.

If I have 10,000 photos and delete 1,000 using the MacBook Pro, iPad, and iPhone, signed in but not online, will they reappear because the iMac was online?

Or vice versa, if I add 1,000 images to an offline but signed device over say 2 months, and the reconnect, will those images transfer to iCloud and the home iMac?

The iMac and MBPro store all “Originals”, but the more mobile devices are “Optimized”.

Curious and a little concerned how iCloud Photos work when syncing if some devices are not persistently online. The MBPro in particular may only be online 3-4 times per year, for a few weeks at a time, but with long gaps where there is no signal to sync.

Thanks.

Posted on Jun 24, 2022 7:18 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 25, 2022 7:09 AM

Your devices will sync once online and any changes will be reflected across all devices.

Similar questions

1 reply

iCloud photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.