Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What’s the purpose of Tracking Notifications and how do I turn off unwanted Emergency Alerts?

I am suddenly receiving unwanted Emergency Alerts from from law enforcement of the manhunt variety (most distressing!).

I consulted Settings/Notifications and while I didn’t find Emergency Alerts I did find something new called Tracking Notifications that I was fully turned on.

What’s the purpose /function of Tracking Notifications?

And how do I turn off unwanted Emergency Alerts?

Your help will be much appreciated!

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone SE, 15

Posted on Jun 29, 2022 6:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2022 7:09 AM

Settings->Notifications Now scroll down to the bottom of the screen to find the Government Alerts section. There you can toggle on/off Emergency Alerts, Amber Alerts, and Public Safety Alerts. We’re talking about iOS 15, the current version.

Personally I would want to know if there’s an armed and dangerous criminal on the loose in my area but whatever.

Tracking Alerts allow you to block apps from tracking your online activity.

In the Find My app you can also customize the anti-stalking/tracking notifications for AirTags that are being used to track you.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 29, 2022 7:09 AM in response to LIZZIEGRL

Settings->Notifications Now scroll down to the bottom of the screen to find the Government Alerts section. There you can toggle on/off Emergency Alerts, Amber Alerts, and Public Safety Alerts. We’re talking about iOS 15, the current version.

Personally I would want to know if there’s an armed and dangerous criminal on the loose in my area but whatever.

Tracking Alerts allow you to block apps from tracking your online activity.

In the Find My app you can also customize the anti-stalking/tracking notifications for AirTags that are being used to track you.

What’s the purpose of Tracking Notifications and how do I turn off unwanted Emergency Alerts?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.