Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage Backup Fail

i texted myself a reminder for some items i have to do for work a few days ago. It showed up as a blue iMessage like it should. today i accidentally deleted that thread.

my iPhone 13 Pro Max last backed up at 3:32am so i did a restore just now (at 3pm) and it restored all of my text threads except the one i had sent to myself. i checked my backup settings & everything shows as correct.

Is this a flaw in Apple’s iOS? If the user selects to backup text messages, it should backup all threads including ones sent to yourself as iMessages.

anyone have any idea how to recover this thread since iCloud restore does not seem to work?

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Jun 29, 2022 6:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2022 10:02 AM

sean8255 wrote:

i texted myself a reminder for some items i have to do for work a few days ago. It showed up as a blue iMessage like it should. today i accidentally deleted that thread.

my iPhone 13 Pro Max last backed up at 3:32am so i did a restore just now (at 3pm) and it restored all of my text threads except the one i had sent to myself. i checked my backup settings & everything shows as correct.

Is this a flaw in Apple’s iOS? If the user selects to backup text messages, it should backup all threads including ones sent to yourself as iMessages.

anyone have any idea how to recover this thread since iCloud restore does not seem to work?

No it isn't a flaw, there is no selecting text message when backing up to icloud as it is already included as outlined here What does iCloud back up? - Apple Support. What you're referencing to is syncing with icloud as outlined here Use Messages in iCloud - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2022 10:02 AM in response to sean8255

sean8255 wrote:

No it isn't a flaw, there is no selecting text message when backing up to icloud as it is already included as outlined here What does iCloud back up? - Apple Support. What you're referencing to is syncing with icloud as outlined here Use Messages in iCloud - Apple Support

iMessage Backup Fail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.