Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows 10 ISO download for Bootcamp fails repeatedly

I am trying to install Windows 10 on my 2012 MacBook Pro using Bootcamp and a 32GB USB thumbdrive that has been formatted according to the Bootcamp instructions as MS-DOS(FAT) and Master Boot Record but for 3 consecutive tries, ISO download fails due to file being too large, even though it shows as being a 5GB file download. I also tried reformatting only the partition as above, tried formatting the master volume as above, but same result: failed download of the ISO file. When I tried downloading the ISO file to the same thumb drive formatted as MacOS Extended Journaled, the download completed but the drive was unreadable by Bootcamp.

Also, my macOS version is 11.5 Big Sur and I ran Software Update before attempting the download of the Windows ISO file.

Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong?

Thanks!

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jun 30, 2022 2:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2022 10:01 AM

The problem was with Safari! Safari wouldn't download the complete file! When I changed browsers to Firefox, the download completed and I was able to get the Windows ISO file and finish running Bootcamp, installing Windows 10 on my MacBook Pro. After trying Windows 10, I'm even happier that I have a Mac!!! macOS is sooo much smoother and more refined than Windows, and such a pleasure to use, I'll stick with macOS! :D

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 1, 2022 10:01 AM in response to E. Kennedy

The problem was with Safari! Safari wouldn't download the complete file! When I changed browsers to Firefox, the download completed and I was able to get the Windows ISO file and finish running Bootcamp, installing Windows 10 on my MacBook Pro. After trying Windows 10, I'm even happier that I have a Mac!!! macOS is sooo much smoother and more refined than Windows, and such a pleasure to use, I'll stick with macOS! :D

Windows 10 ISO download for Bootcamp fails repeatedly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.